Sunday 29 July 2012

Oh, Hello, the Olympics is happening. (why this is important)

 There are many varying attitudes towards the currently going Olympics. Some individuals are quite indifferent... however there are a few completely immersed towards the whole thing. I am slightly ashamed to say that I belong on the latter. But before you judge me with your scrutinising eyes which burn holes right through my computer monitor I PLEAD you listen to my defence.


My Defence (why The Olympics is awesome from my point of view which really gives no validity):

1) Although the first half of the ceremony was reminiscent to history lessons and just grass everywhere, the second half met all of my crazy expectations. Some which ticked boxes from the list of Expectations were a giant fucking Voldemort and the Queen of England parachuting off a helicopter with James Bond.

(though one that was sadly not met was JK Rowling flying through the arena with a broomstick and announcing quidditch as an official olympic sport...)

2) It's such an AWESOME excuse to get out of anything. Somehow, "I can't, the Olympics is on."/ "I have to watch this match." works as an excuse around 70% of the time. Seriously, try it.

3) You get to just sit down in front of your tv and SHOUT random things and no one will think you crazy.

4) It will break awkward silences.

Imagine, you are sitting down and a person who you kind of know but do not speak much to is there also. Even though you have some similar friends, you've never spoken to each other one on one and the tension increases by the second. Suddenly, like a flash of lightbulb these words exit your mouth, "Did you catch the Olympics?". Yes, ofcourse they 'caught' the Olympics; they did not spend the whole summer hiding behind a cave in a fetal position. Awkwardness avoided.

5) I don't know how this is related, but somehow the amount of food in my house INCREASED. I opened my fridge and food just leapt out and attacked me (not literally). The Olympics give you more food!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers