Saturday 28 April 2012

A jumble of thoughts (also the premise of being drunk)

Today there was a wedding and I'm not sure about my feelings about weddings quite yet. I mean, I haven't attended much and this is kind of maybe my first ever proper wedding attendance. It was almost exactly as I've imagined it with the whole "Do you take this person to have and to hold, to love and to cherish" thing and then with the "I dos" and "Does anyone think theses people shouldn't get married?"

Though what's interesting is that I thought it wouldn't be that because I've developed what I would describe as 'realism-borderline-pessimism' way of thinking where I reject the idea of anything perfect happening in life just like in those stupid media perceptions that we've been exposed to like horrible radiation killing off braincells one by one.

 Anyways, so there was a very long after party and to those of you who don't know, I am within the 'teen' groups. Here's how I look at any family gathering: there would be 3 groups of people, the adults who chat and drink and dance, the children who play and run and eat and last but not the least the teens.

The teens are quite complex because either we get along or we don't, in the rare occasion that we do we will probably sneak off and look for internet connection somewhere or talk about genial things like our phone brands and video games. But what's even MORE interesting with such a situation is that the wedding reception area is FILLED with alcohol. There are bottles being dangled in front of the teens like those little lazer pointers that people use to taunt their cats.

 I didn't really find much other teens other than my brother and one other friend we've known already so all three of us decided to try some of those odd bottles filled with horrible tasting liquid. I may, at some point drank a whole cup of what I thought was coke (which I will then turn out to be half coke, half 40% vodka)

 Reiterating my point as a 'realism-borderline-pessimism' believer I didn't think people would ever actually speak in such gatherings and start friendships and whatnot because that only happens in movies. But I realise as a slightly drunk person I am more friendly even though I was often unaware of the things coming out of my mouth. I met this dude who was really weird and we talked until it was time to clean up but I don't remember what we talked about and he suddenly enquired about my phone — I'm not those people who remembers their own phone number so I just started to sweep the floor with a broom (poorly).

 Yeah, this stuff happened like a few hours ago and I just got back.

Who drunkenly writes a long blog story?

*points to self* this person.

This is also partly for my morning self to look at and be like oh, groan. No. Why.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Followers