Friday 27 April 2012

The evolution of the Queen's head.



Yesterday I was looking at my coins (as you do) and was shocked to find out something. Something that blew mind and still leaves little aftershocks right in this moment.

 The Queen's head on the pound £ coins are different!

Surely it's logical, but somewhere in the back of my mind I had this odd assumption that every single pound coin has the SAME head but it's different for EVERY year.

Now I'm just thinking about whether or not the Queen enjoys this day where she has to model every year for our pound coin; the coins that we just manhandle with our dirty, common hands. She kind of looks uncomfortable... is it nerve wrecking? I mean, this is like having your passport photo printed on MILLIONS of tiny coins for everyone to see...

...and I will take a stab in the dark with the assumption that she probably isn't allowed to make funny faces. That would be hilarious, though. Like a special edition coin.

I spent too much time thinking about that.

1 comment:

Followers