Friday 16 November 2012

Stuck.

One of the subjects I am currently taking in school is Photography. This doesn't necessarily provoke looks of awe and amazement when I tell people this is one of my subjects, but I don't really care enough about the general approval of others to be too bothered. And I like getting time to explore something that interests me outside of the general academics (although I often make statements of utter hatred towards it from time to time.)

 I think it's something that happens to a lot of people at some point... being hit by that feeling of being stuck. I don't mean 'stuck' in a literal, physical sense but rather in terms of how we are in our current state as a human being.

 I kind of feel like I am stuck at the moment. This is a dilemma as a student and human being; being stuck could mean that I will fall behind and wither along with my hopes and dreams (lots of positivity in this blog post). So I will do what my slightly neurotic nature feels I should and make a list.

(Possible) Reasons on why I am stuck:

- There are so many things to do.
For me, essentially, this just means I am not organised enough. Though even if I devise an action plan for myself, when I concentrate on one thing I feel bad for neglecting the others and end up concluding that it's only fair to neglect everything equally.

- I'm afraid to fail.
Ironically.

- I'm lazy.

- I have self-destructive tendencies.

How to not be stuck/ make yourself less stuck/ wiggle yourself out of being stuck:

-Start something and complete it.

...Like a blog post.

(see what I did there?... if not you never will)




1 comment:

  1. ...Get IN there! Will yourself to do things, it is the only way.

    (the coincidence that we both uploaded a blog post on the same day of the same title...)

    ReplyDelete

Followers