Sunday 26 August 2012

WATERMARKS (and why I hate them)

Watermarks, essentially, were created by evil scheming creatures from the lava producing core of the Earth for the sole purpose of ruining people's LIVES.

Maybe that was an exaggeration.

But I just really hate watermarks.

Let me stop you right there. I understand the use of watermarks, I understand that creators want to have claim over their work-- and they have those rights. But they are things that should be used moderately. (To use a quote from Spiderman, "With great power comes great responsibility.")

Okay, so maybe you're not entirely convinced with just those reasons so let me give you some visuals.

Say I drew this (not so) amazing picture.


But, I'm like, "Wait. What if someone copies it without crediting me? I should add a watermark." And that seems like a reasonable, logical thought.


Now that my amazing piece of work has a watermark, I can be credited when used (yay!)

That is not what annoys me. This is what annoys me:

How can people appreciate it with a massive watermark blocking everything out of sight? It's just evil. Have you ever seen a massive "CLAUDE MONET" in Water Lilies?


2 comments:

  1. From people who have explained their use of such watermarks, they said people have actually put in the effort to edit out the water mark when it was not covering the image and even edit it out when it covers the image at times. So, although annoying, self-defence :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHAHAHAHA OMG I'm with you in this mate.

    I HATE PEOPLE WHO DID THOSE KINDS OF THINGS!!

    People should TOTALLY be generous

    ReplyDelete

Followers